✓ All trainings are offered as virtual sessions or in-person, on-demand or public, at Excentis or on-site. Highly interactive and with ample Q&A time! Predefined or tailored to your needs. Default language in English, but we also offer trainings in Dutch, French and German.
Wi-Fi has become almost as essential as food, water and shelter. Wi-Fi issues have become the demon for both customers and ISPs and among the biggest problems are common misunderstandings about Wi-Fi.
This course provides a thorough understanding of Wi-Fi networks and the issues that surround them. It explains current standards, including Wi-Fi 6, and technology aspects, as well as new market developments.
The course also provides the basics on how to plan, deploy and troubleshoot Wi-Fi networks.
- Understand current Wi-Fi standards, their options, their performance and limiting factors
- Wi-Fi 6 promises interesting improvements in latency, throughput, range, power consumption, but how do they work and achieve what is promised?
- Learn how to successfully plan and deploy a residential Wi-Fi network
- Learn the basics of Wi-Fi troubleshooting
PART 1: THE Wi-Fi PHYSICAL LAYER
- Technology overview · Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) · Modulation techniques · OFDMA · Channels · DFS · Wi-Fi 6E · Antennas · EIRP · (MU-)MIMO · Link adaptation algorithm
PART 2: THE Wi-Fi MAC LAYER
- Packet transmission · BSS color · QoS (WMM) · Beacon · Making a connection · Security · WPA3 · Roaming · Power efficiency (TWT)
PART 3: Wi-Fi NETWORK PLANNING
- Coverage definition · Attenuation · Interference · Network components · Mesh · Transmit power · Troubleshooting and tools
PART 4: CASE STUDIES
Get customer training tailored to your needs, topics, levels and profiles, remote or on-premise, for and by actual field engineers with years of experience teaching and implementing.
Stay informed on new trainings!
Sign up here, we ll let you Rnow.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Optimized parameters not only resulted in a boost in overall performance, PŸUR even scored a whopping 100% in Download and Upload Data Tests.
No new investment was needed to test Wi-Fi 6E, ByteBlower wireless endpoints are compatible with new devices out-of-the-box. Wi-Fi 7 will be no different!
The Excentis training course exceeded our high expectations. In depth yet accessible to a broad audience. Technical topics but never boring!
Thank you for your excellent work. We found the report very interesting and were happy to see the quality of choices quantified and objectively confirmed.
With support of the Excentis engineering team, we constructed an initial setup and successfully performed a first trial run in less than an hour!
With professional guidance and willing to adapt to our specific needs, we could test the device in a way that makes most sense to our customers. We highly recommend them for your business.