✓ All trainings are offered as virtual sessions or in-person, on-demand or public, at Excentis or on-site. Highly interactive and with ample Q&A time! Predefined or tailored to your needs. Default language in English, but we also offer trainings in Dutch, French and German.
The (Euro)DOCSIS technology is the leading technology for broadband IP access in cable networks. The (Euro)DOCSIS cable networks are also the basis for all next generation packet-based services like VoIP, video conferencing and other high-speed multimedia services.
The Level 1 training comprehensively covers all aspects of the (Euro)DOCSIS technology up to DOCSIS 4.0. Hereby the fundamentals of the architecture, the cable modem’s provisioning process, security issues and their solutions, quality of service, management and much more are explained. This being an excellent starting point for people new to the real technical subjects and protocol level within (Euro)DOCSIS.
- Achieve a comprehensive understanding of the ideas
behind the (Euro)DOCSIS specifications up to DOCSIS 3.1
- Understand the most important key issues and advantages when using (Euro)DOCSIS in your cable network
- Benefit from the hands-on experience of the Excentis
EuroDOCSIS certification testing
- After attending this course, the attendee will be capable of understanding the (Euro)DOCSIS reference model and concepts
PART 1: GOALS AND MILESTONES
- EuroDOCSIS Goals and Milestones (1.0 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0)
PART 2: REFERENCE MODEL AND EVOLUTION
- (M-)CMTS · CM and CPE · HFC Network · Packet Forwarding · Evolution (R-PHY, MHA,CCAP, …)
PART 3: RANGING, REGISTRATION AND PACKET SCHEDULING
- Big Picture · Initial Problem · Ranging · Registration
PART 4: IP LAYOUT, DOCSIS CM AND CPE PROVISIONING
- Routing or Bridging · Assigning IP addresses
PART 5: CONFIGURATION FILES
- Usage, format and types.
Part 6: QoS MECHANISMS
- Service Flows and Classifiers · Relation to VoIP · Management
PART 7: CHANNEL BONDING AND LOAD BALANCING
- Channel Bonding · Load Balancing
PART 8: SECURITY OVERVIEW
- Security Threats · Beating the threats · BPI(+)
PART 9: MULTICAST FORWARDING CONCEPTS
- MDF · Multicast QoS · Multicast Authorization · Multicast Encryption
PART 10: CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING
- OSSI · CLI · IPDR/SP · SNMP · NETCONF · Notification and Event Handling · (Proactive) Network Monitoring
PART 11: CHANNEL DEFINITION AND MODULATION
- SC-QAM Channels · OFDM · OFDMA.
PART 12: RF ASPECTS
- (Euro) DOCSIS RF Frequencies and D3.1 Extensions · CM and CMTS Tx and Rx performance
More training you might be interested in:
|Wi-Fi||1,5 day||Jun 14 - 15||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi 7||0,5 day||Jun 22||PM||Open|
|Wi-Fi 6||0,5 day||Jun 22||AM||Open|
|Cable Network Technologies||1 day||Oct 03||Full Day||Open|
|DOCSIS 3.1||2 days:||Nov 07 - 08||Full Day||Open|
|Low Latency DOCSIS||0,5 day||Nov 29||AM||Open|
|DOCSIS 4.0||1 day||Nov 30||Full Day||Open|
|DOCSIS 3.1 Operations||1 day||Dec 05||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi||1,5 day||Dec 06 - 07||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi 7||0,5 day||Dec 07||PM||Open|
|(Euro)DOCSIS Technology and Protocol Level 2||2 days||Mar 12 - 13||Full Day||Open|
|Distributed CCAP Architectures – R-PHY||0,5 day||Apr 23||PM||Open|
Get customer training tailored to your needs, topics, levels and profiles, remote or on-premise, for and by actual field engineers with years of experience teaching and implementing.
Stay informed on new trainings!
Sign up here, we ll let you Rnow.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Optimized parameters not only resulted in a boost in overall performance, PŸUR even scored a whopping 100% in Download and Upload Data Tests.
Director of Engineering at PYUR
No new investment was needed to test Wi-Fi 6E, ByteBlower wireless endpoints are compatible with new devices out-of-the-box. Wi-Fi 7 will be no different!
Manager IP Operations at Cable & Wireless
The Excentis training course exceeded our high expectations. In depth yet accessible to a broad audience. Technical topics but never boring!
Delivery Manager at Vodafone Group Services Düsseldorf
Thank you for your excellent work. We found the report very interesting and were happy to see the quality of choices quantified and objectively confirmed.
Product Manager for Broadband Services at Tele2, Sweden
With support of the Excentis engineering team, we constructed an initial setup and successfully performed a first trial run in less than an hour!
Proximus In-Home Solutions Team
Proximus In-Home Solutions Team
With professional guidance and willing to adapt to our specific needs, we could test the device in a way that makes most sense to our customers. We highly recommend them for your business.
Strategic Product Manager Broadband & Proptech, Telenor Sverige AB