✓ All trainings are offered as virtual sessions or in-person, on-demand or public, at Excentis or on-site. Highly interactive and with ample Q&A time! Predefined or tailored to your needs. Default language in English, but we also offer trainings in Dutch, French and German.
DOCSIS 3.1 is the latest deployed version of the DOCSIS set of specifications, promising download speeds of up to 10 Gbps. It defines a totally new physical layer for achieving those speeds. However, to fully utilize its features, major HFC network upgrades are required.
The goal of this engineering course is to provide insight into how the new physical layer operates, the impact on the network and how the HFC network needs to be modified. The course also provides a good understanding of the speeds that can be offered by 3.1 based on network parameters.
It is recommended that the attendee already has a good knowledge of DOCSIS to fully benefit of attending this course.
- Achieve an in-depth understanding of the technological evolution and its advantages along with the new concepts introduced in DOCSIS 3.1
- An overview of different features and characteristics
- Calculation of speeds that can be offered by 3.1 based on network parameters
- After attending this course, the attendee will be capable of understanding DOCSIS 3.1 concepts, numerology, configuration and monitoring
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Historical perspective
PART 2: TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
- Expanded spectrum, New channel definition · Increased bandwidth · Overview of 3.1 technology and functionality
PART 3: NEW TOOLS IN THE BOX
- Modern data communication systems · Understanding OFDM, subcarriers, pilots, cyclic prefix , windowing roll-off and equalization · DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM numerology · LDPC
PART 4: DOWNSTREAM DATA TRANSMISSION
- 3.1 downstream and its transmitter/receiver · PHY Link Channel (PLC) · OFDM Channel Descriptor (OCD) · Downstream Profile Descriptors (DPD) · Next Codeword Pointer (NCP) · Profiles
PART 5: UPSTREAM DATA TRANSMISSION
- 3.1 upstream and its transmitter/receiver · Minislot definition · OFDMA Upstream Data Profiles · CCF · Minislot mapping · Unused and excluded subcarriers · TaFDM
PART 6: CABLE MODEM INITIALIZATION AND PROFILE PROMOTION
- Ranging and registration · Downstream profile management · OFDM Profile Test (OPT) · CM-STATUS · Upstream profile testing
PART 7: FEATURES
- DTP · Advanced Queue Management (AQM) · Hierarchical QoS (HQoS) · DOCSIS Light Sleep (DLS) · PKI signing changes & software upgrade · DOCSIS Low Latency
PART 8: PREPARING FOR THE 3.1 TRANSITION
- Expected scenario’s · Capacity calculation ·HFC network readiness ·Power levels and physical layer implications · PNM
Get customer training tailored to your needs, topics, levels and profiles, remote or on-premise, for and by actual field engineers with years of experience teaching and implementing.
Stay informed on new trainings!
Sign up here, we ll let you Rnow.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Optimized parameters not only resulted in a boost in overall performance, PŸUR even scored a whopping 100% in Download and Upload Data Tests.
No new investment was needed to test Wi-Fi 6E, ByteBlower wireless endpoints are compatible with new devices out-of-the-box. Wi-Fi 7 will be no different!
The Excentis training course exceeded our high expectations. In depth yet accessible to a broad audience. Technical topics but never boring!
Thank you for your excellent work. We found the report very interesting and were happy to see the quality of choices quantified and objectively confirmed.
With support of the Excentis engineering team, we constructed an initial setup and successfully performed a first trial run in less than an hour!
With professional guidance and willing to adapt to our specific needs, we could test the device in a way that makes most sense to our customers. We highly recommend them for your business.