✓ All trainings are offered as virtual sessions or in-person, on-demand or public, at Excentis or on-site. Highly interactive and with ample Q&A time! Predefined or tailored to your needs. Default language in English, but we also offer trainings in Dutch, French and German.
DOCSIS 4.0 is the latest version of the DOCSIS set of specifications, promising download speeds of 10 Gbps while also reaching 6 Gbps upstream speeds. This to allow for multi-gigabit symmetric services such as video conferencing, remote work/learning, health care applications, IoT and virtual reality over HFC networks.
The goal of this course is to provide insight into how this new DOCSIS version allows to get those high symmetrical speeds and based on use cases found out what the possibilities are for your roadmap. Important changes in Quality of Service and security also will be discussed.
It is highly recommended that the attendee already has a good knowledge of DOCSIS 3.1 to fully benefit of attending this course. This by attending the DOCSIS 3.1 training first or by having a 3.1 Refresher training.
- Achieve an in-depth understanding of the technological evolution and its advantages along with the new concepts introduced in DOCSIS 4.0.
- An overview of the different options, characteristics and potential gains
- After attending this course the attendee will be capable of understanding the main DOCSIS 4.0 concepts, terminology, field deployment options, and communication from CM and CMTS perspective
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- The road towards DOCSIS 4.0 ·
D4.0 overview and terminology: FDX, FDD, spectrum extensions, …
PART 2: FREQUENCY DIVISION DUPLEX OPERATION (FDD)
- Principles of FDD · Band plans · FDD-specific CM initialization ·PHY changes
PART 3: FULL DUPLEX OPERATION (FDX)
- Principles of FDX · Terminology (sub-bands, RBA, IG, TG, …) · Band plans · Interference mitigation challenges (ALI, ACI, CCI) · FDX-specific CM initialization · Interference group discovery (sounding CWT-REQ/RSP or OUDP, Downstream Protection DPR) · CM echo cancellation (ECT-REQ/RSP) · Dynamic Frequency Division Duplex Operation (DFDD) · PHY changes
PART 4: MAC LAYER
- Minimum grant bandwidth · new MMM · Bonding requirements
PART 5: FDX USE CASES
- FDX-L CM · Static FDX upstream
PART 6: HFC CONSIDERATIONS
- Challenges · FDX amplifiers
PART 7: SECURITY UPDATES
- Improved authentication framework BPI+ v2: Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS), Mutual Message Authentication (MMA) · TOFU · CM SSH
PART 8: D4.0 DEPLOYMENT OPTIONS
- D4.0 modem types (FDD, FDX, FDX-L) · Network migration strategy options
More training you might be interested in:
|Cable Network Technologies||1 day||Oct 03||Full Day||Open|
|(Euro)DOCSIS Technology and Protocol Level 1||2 days||Oct 10 - 11||Full Day||Open|
|DOCSIS 3.1||2 days:||Nov 07 - 08||Full Day||Open|
|Low Latency DOCSIS||0,5 day||Nov 29||AM||Open|
|DOCSIS 3.1 Operations||1 day||Dec 05||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi||1,5 day||Dec 06 - 07||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi 7||0,5 day||Dec 07||PM||Open|
|(Euro)DOCSIS Technology and Protocol Level 2||2 days||Mar 12 - 13||Full Day||Open|
|Distributed CCAP Architectures – R-PHY||0,5 day||Apr 23||PM||Open|
Get customer training tailored to your needs, topics, levels and profiles, remote or on-premise, for and by actual field engineers with years of experience teaching and implementing.
Stay informed on new trainings!
Sign up here, we ll let you Rnow.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Optimized parameters not only resulted in a boost in overall performance, PŸUR even scored a whopping 100% in Download and Upload Data Tests.
No new investment was needed to test Wi-Fi 6E, ByteBlower wireless endpoints are compatible with new devices out-of-the-box. Wi-Fi 7 will be no different!
The Excentis training course exceeded our high expectations. In depth yet accessible to a broad audience. Technical topics but never boring!
Thank you for your excellent work. We found the report very interesting and were happy to see the quality of choices quantified and objectively confirmed.
With support of the Excentis engineering team, we constructed an initial setup and successfully performed a first trial run in less than an hour!
With professional guidance and willing to adapt to our specific needs, we could test the device in a way that makes most sense to our customers. We highly recommend them for your business.