✓ All trainings are offered as virtual sessions or in-person, on-demand or public, at Excentis or on-site. Highly interactive and with ample Q&A time! Predefined or tailored to your needs. Default language in English, but we also offer trainings in Dutch, French and German.
HFC networks can provide multiple services over a single coaxial cable. This 1-day course provides a basic overview of the elements in an HFC (Hybrid Fiber Coax) network and the services a cable operator offers.
The target audience are professionals from the different departments like marketing, finance, operations, project management, … who require a basic understanding of cable networks without too much technical details. Or people starting in telecom without any background. By attending this course, they will have an insight of the technologies used in an HFC network. It will also give them an idea of the different interactions between different services.
- Understand basic operation of an HFC network
- Insights in the world of IP and its future
- A view on where and how fiber optics are used in an operator network
- Get an idea on how wireless communication works
- Understand how internet services are provided over an HFC network
- Understand how telephony services are provided over an HFC network
- See how multimedia services can be provided
- Understand how television (analogue/digital) is delivered over an HFC network
- Get a view on some more possible services
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Operator’s network · Access network · Backbone · Services
PART 2: INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP)
- IP network · IPv4 · IPv6 · IP QoS · Multicast · DNS · OTT · Net neutrality
PART 3: OPTICAL NETWORKING
- Optical network · WDM/CWDM/DWDM · Fibre in HFC network and backbone · Sonet/SDH · Ethernet
PART 4: WIRELESS COMMUNICATION
- Spectrum · Wireless link · Antennas · Duplexing modes · Interference · LTE
PART 5: EURODOCSIS
- Goal · Components · EuroDOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1/4.0 (FDX) · DOCSIS vs. EuroDOCSIS
Part 6: VOIP
- POTS · VOIP · Interface with PSTN · Security · Lawful intercept
PART 7: (EURO)PACKETCABLE MULTIMEDIA
- Goals · Architecture · Components · Examples
PART 8: DIGITAL CABLE TELEVISION
- TV signal · Compression · Digital transport · Conditional Access · Middleware · Services · Switched broadcasting · TV over IP
PART 9: SERVICES
- Wi-Fi community · Cloud · FMC · Power-line communication
More training you might be interested in:
|Wi-Fi||1,5 day||Jun 14 - 15||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi 7||0,5 day||Jun 22||PM||Open|
|Wi-Fi 6||0,5 day||Jun 22||AM||Open|
|(Euro)DOCSIS Technology and Protocol Level 1||2 days||Oct 10 - 11||Full Day||Open|
|DOCSIS 3.1||2 days:||Nov 07 - 08||Full Day||Open|
|Low Latency DOCSIS||0,5 day||Nov 29||AM||Open|
|DOCSIS 4.0||1 day||Nov 30||Full Day||Open|
|DOCSIS 3.1 Operations||1 day||Dec 05||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi||1,5 day||Dec 06 - 07||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi 7||0,5 day||Dec 07||PM||Open|
|(Euro)DOCSIS Technology and Protocol Level 2||2 days||Mar 12 - 13||Full Day||Open|
|Distributed CCAP Architectures – R-PHY||0,5 day||Apr 23||PM||Open|
Get customer training tailored to your needs, topics, levels and profiles, remote or on-premise, for and by actual field engineers with years of experience teaching and implementing.
Stay informed on new trainings!
Sign up here, we ll let you Rnow.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Optimized parameters not only resulted in a boost in overall performance, PŸUR even scored a whopping 100% in Download and Upload Data Tests.
Director of Engineering at PYUR
No new investment was needed to test Wi-Fi 6E, ByteBlower wireless endpoints are compatible with new devices out-of-the-box. Wi-Fi 7 will be no different!
Manager IP Operations at Cable & Wireless
The Excentis training course exceeded our high expectations. In depth yet accessible to a broad audience. Technical topics but never boring!
Delivery Manager at Vodafone Group Services Düsseldorf
Thank you for your excellent work. We found the report very interesting and were happy to see the quality of choices quantified and objectively confirmed.
Product Manager for Broadband Services at Tele2, Sweden
With support of the Excentis engineering team, we constructed an initial setup and successfully performed a first trial run in less than an hour!
Proximus In-Home Solutions Team
Proximus In-Home Solutions Team
With professional guidance and willing to adapt to our specific needs, we could test the device in a way that makes most sense to our customers. We highly recommend them for your business.
Strategic Product Manager Broadband & Proptech, Telenor Sverige AB