✓ All trainings are offered as virtual sessions or in-person, on-demand or public, at Excentis or on-site. Highly interactive and with ample Q&A time! Predefined or tailored to your needs. Default language in English, but we also offer trainings in Dutch, French and German.
As bandwidth capacity needs grow rapidly, there is increasing pressure on headend and HFC infrastructure. New modular distributed headend architectures are hot topics to address the need for smaller scale and more flexible options. The basic idea around Distributed Access Architectures (DAA) is to distribute some or all the functionality of CMTS/CCAP from headend down to a remote location.
If you want to know why distributed architectures are a hot topic, what Remote PHY is all about, what the difference with a Remote CCAP architecture is… then this course is for you. We will look at the specs, not the marketing.
- Gain key insights in current and future remote cable architectures
- R-PHY & R-MAC-PHY advantages and challenges
- Get to know the protocols (GCP, R-DEPI/R-UEPI, R-DTI) R-PHY is using to make this (more complex) distributed system work
- Synchronize time using PTP
- How to provision and monitor all the RPDs, and upgrade them,…
- How to add analog services over the new digital optics using Out Of Band (OOB)
- How to compare R-PHY with R-MAC-PHY solutions
PART 1: HEADEND EVOLUTION
- Driving forces · Challenges · Evolution of CMTS and HFC architectures
PART 2: DISTRIBUTED CCAP ARCHITECTURES: AN OVERVIEW
- Remote PHY · Remote MAC + PHY · C-DOCSIS I, II, III · SPLIT-MAC, …
PART 3: MHAV2 – REMOTE PHY
- MHA review and MHAv2 architecture · GCP Control plane · R-DEPI and R-UEPI data plane · R-DTI and PTP timing and synchronization · Provisioning and configuration of R-PHY device · RPD software upgrade
PART 4: REMOTE MACPHY
- R-MAC-PHY system examples
More training you might be interested in:
|Cable Network Technologies||1 day||Oct 03||Full Day||Open|
|(Euro)DOCSIS Technology and Protocol Level 1||2 days||Oct 10 - 11||Full Day||Open|
|DOCSIS 3.1||2 days:||Nov 07 - 08||Full Day||Open|
|Low Latency DOCSIS||0,5 day||Nov 29||AM||Open|
|DOCSIS 4.0||1 day||Nov 30||Full Day||Open|
|DOCSIS 3.1 Operations||1 day||Dec 05||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi||1,5 day||Dec 06 - 07||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi 7||0,5 day||Dec 07||PM||Open|
|(Euro)DOCSIS Technology and Protocol Level 2||2 days||Mar 12 - 13||Full Day||Open|
Get customer training tailored to your needs, topics, levels and profiles, remote or on-premise, for and by actual field engineers with years of experience teaching and implementing.
Stay informed on new trainings!
Sign up here, we ll let you Rnow.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Optimized parameters not only resulted in a boost in overall performance, PŸUR even scored a whopping 100% in Download and Upload Data Tests.
No new investment was needed to test Wi-Fi 6E, ByteBlower wireless endpoints are compatible with new devices out-of-the-box. Wi-Fi 7 will be no different!
The Excentis training course exceeded our high expectations. In depth yet accessible to a broad audience. Technical topics but never boring!
Thank you for your excellent work. We found the report very interesting and were happy to see the quality of choices quantified and objectively confirmed.
With support of the Excentis engineering team, we constructed an initial setup and successfully performed a first trial run in less than an hour!
With professional guidance and willing to adapt to our specific needs, we could test the device in a way that makes most sense to our customers. We highly recommend them for your business.