✓ All trainings are offered as virtual sessions or in-person, on-demand or public, at Excentis or on-site. Highly interactive and with ample Q&A time! Predefined or tailored to your needs. Default language in English, but we also offer trainings in Dutch, French and German.
This Level 2 training is the continuation of Level 1, providing in-depth content and is example driven. This training is specially intended for people wanting to know more than only a view on how the fundamental concepts work. Using examples; configuring and monitoring of modem and CMTS are highlighted. This being very useful for troubleshooting and to be able to elaborate with vendors and operators on more advanced topics.
The new technology, DOCSIS 3.1, is only slightly touched here. To get deeper knowledge of specific DOCSIS 3.1 mechanisms, the DOCSIS 3.1 Essentials, DOCSIS 3.1 Operations and DOCSIS 3.1 Engineering trainings are foreseen.
- Achieve a comprehensive in-depth understanding of concepts in the (Euro)DOCSIS specifications
- Understand key issues of the technology and protocol with a focus on how to configure a CM and CMTS and get feedback
- Be able to trouble shoot and communicate issues to vendors and operators
- Benefit from hands-on experience of Excentis’ EuroDOCSIS certification testing
- After attending this course, the attendee will be capable of understanding in-depth (Euro)DOCSIS concepts, configuration and monitoring
PART 1: OVERVIEW OF ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY AREAS
PART 2: DOCSIS A-TDMA AND MODULATION PROFILES
- UCD fields · IUC · FEC · interleaver · preamble · pre-equalizer, …
PART 3: DOCSIS CHANNEL BONDING
- Topology resolution · RCP · RCC · MDD · DSID · MRCM · TCC · SID-cluster · MTCM · attribute mask DBC · partial service and CM-STATUS
PART 4: DOCSIS ENERGY MANAGEMENT
PART 5: DOCSIS QOS CONFIGURATION, CONCEPTS AND FEEDBACK
- Scheduling types, classifiers, 3.x QoS enhancements
PART 6: DOCSIS SECURITY – BPI MECHANISM
- EAE, AK, TEK, KEK, certificates, AES, revocation, BPI+ enforce
PART 7: DOCSIS SECURITY – PACKET FILTERING (LLC, IP, UDC, SAV)
PART 8: DOCSIS SECURITY – CM SOFTWARE UPGRADE
- CVS · CVC · CSA · signing and co-signing
PART 9: DOCSIS SECURITY – CONFIGURATION FILE SECURITY
- CM and (extended)CMTS-MIC · timestamping and CM IP address · D3.0 EAE · proxy TFTP
PART 10: DOCSIS SECURITY – MANAGEMENT ACCES CONTROL
PART 11: DOCSIS VERSION COMPATIBILITY
PART 12: DOCSIS MONITORING AND PNM
- MIBS, RXMER VS. CCR VS. BER VS. CNIR VS. CER VS. …, PNM
PART 13: DOCSIS IP LAYOUT AND CPE PROVISIONING
- IPV6 layout + Prefix Delegation
PART 14: DOCSIS CONFIGURATION FILES – EXAMPLES
PART 15: DOCSIS MULTICAST
- DSID forwarding · join authorization · QoS and encryption
Get customer training tailored to your needs, topics, levels and profiles, remote or on-premise, for and by actual field engineers with years of experience teaching and implementing.
Stay informed on new trainings!
Sign up here, we ll let you Rnow.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Optimized parameters not only resulted in a boost in overall performance, PŸUR even scored a whopping 100% in Download and Upload Data Tests.
No new investment was needed to test Wi-Fi 6E, ByteBlower wireless endpoints are compatible with new devices out-of-the-box. Wi-Fi 7 will be no different!
The Excentis training course exceeded our high expectations. In depth yet accessible to a broad audience. Technical topics but never boring!
Thank you for your excellent work. We found the report very interesting and were happy to see the quality of choices quantified and objectively confirmed.
With support of the Excentis engineering team, we constructed an initial setup and successfully performed a first trial run in less than an hour!
With professional guidance and willing to adapt to our specific needs, we could test the device in a way that makes most sense to our customers. We highly recommend them for your business.