✓ All trainings are offered as virtual sessions or in-person, on-demand or public, at Excentis or on-site. Highly interactive and with ample Q&A time! Predefined or tailored to your needs. Default language in English, but we also offer trainings in Dutch, French and German.
DOCSIS 3.1 is the latest version of the DOCSIS set of specifications, promising download speeds of up to 10 Gbps. It defines a totally new physical layer for achieving those speeds. However, to fully utilize its features, major HFC network upgrades are required, and the operational side shows quite some differences.
This DOCSIS 3.1 training is targeted for people who need a view on DOCSIS 3.1 from the operations point of view. The fundamentals of DOCSIS 3.1 are explained and enriched with 3.1 operational monitoring subjects. This training is especially suited for people having to look at the network performance and help to support technical challenges.
- Achieve an understanding of technological evolution and its advantages along with basic new concepts introduced in DOCSIS 3.1
- A look at network performance expectations and how efficiency is increased
- Be able to understand operational monitoring of DOCSIS 3.1
- After attending this course,
the attendee will be capable of understanding DOCSIS 3.1
concepts and perform operational monitoring of DOCSIS 3.1
More training you might be interested in:
|Cable Network Technologies||1 day||Oct 03||Full Day||Open|
|(Euro)DOCSIS Technology and Protocol Level 1||2 days||Oct 10 - 11||Full Day||Open|
|DOCSIS 3.1||2 days:||Nov 07 - 08||Full Day||Open|
|Low Latency DOCSIS||0,5 day||Nov 29||AM||Open|
|DOCSIS 4.0||1 day||Nov 30||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi||1,5 day||Dec 06 - 07||Full Day||Open|
|Wi-Fi 7||0,5 day||Dec 07||PM||Open|
|(Euro)DOCSIS Technology and Protocol Level 2||2 days||Mar 12 - 13||Full Day||Open|
|Distributed CCAP Architectures – R-PHY||0,5 day||Apr 23||PM||Open|
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Historical perspective Capacity potential
PART 2: EVOLVED TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- Understanding OFDM · DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM numerology ·
Benefits of LDPC error correction
PART 3: PROFILES
- Profile definition · Concepts and consequences
PART 4: CABLE MODEM INITIALIZATION
- Ranging and registration · New 3.1 Initialization Features
PART 5: DOWNSTREAM DATA TRANSMISSION
- PHY Link Channel (PLC) · OFDM Channel Descriptor (OCD) · Downstream Profile Descriptors (DPD)
PART 6: UPSTREAM DATA TRANSMISSION
- OFDMA scheduler · TaFDM
PART 7: FEATURES AND OTHER CHANGES
- DTP · Active Queue Management (AQM) · Hierarchical QoS (HQoS) · Energy Management · DOCSIS Light Sleep (DLS) · PKI certificate signing changes · Software upgrade
PART 8: NEW OPERATIONAL CONCEPTS
- Expected timelines and scenario’s · 3.1 Network Architecture Evolution · OFDM Parameter Feedback · Profile Management · PNM Concepts
Get customer training tailored to your needs, topics, levels and profiles, remote or on-premise, for and by actual field engineers with years of experience teaching and implementing.
Stay informed on new trainings!
Sign up here, we ll let you Rnow.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Optimized parameters not only resulted in a boost in overall performance, PŸUR even scored a whopping 100% in Download and Upload Data Tests.
No new investment was needed to test Wi-Fi 6E, ByteBlower wireless endpoints are compatible with new devices out-of-the-box. Wi-Fi 7 will be no different!
The Excentis training course exceeded our high expectations. In depth yet accessible to a broad audience. Technical topics but never boring!
Thank you for your excellent work. We found the report very interesting and were happy to see the quality of choices quantified and objectively confirmed.
With support of the Excentis engineering team, we constructed an initial setup and successfully performed a first trial run in less than an hour!
With professional guidance and willing to adapt to our specific needs, we could test the device in a way that makes most sense to our customers. We highly recommend them for your business.