Training program practical information
May 5 - 6
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
EuroPacketCable 2.0 is the next version of the EuroPacketCable set of specifications. It is based on the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) developed by the 3GPP partnership. This SIP based architecture allows for any IP based service, opposite to EuroPacketCable 1.0/1.5 that only focuses on IP telephony.
This course provides an overview of the IMS technology and the extensions and enhancements defined by EuroPacketCable 2.0. Special focus is given to the residential SIP telephony aspect of EuroPacketCable 2.0, covering architecture, provisioning, QoS and call features.
What can you expect?
- Achieve an understanding of the EuroPacketCable 2.0 system;
- Understand IMS and how it is an integral part of EuroPacketCable 2.0;
- Understand which services are possible using EuroPacketCable 2.0;
- Understand EuroPacketCable 2.0 provisioning;
- Understand EuroPacketCable 2.0 call features.
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- EuroPacketCable evolution, EuroPacketCable 2.0 reference architecture, 3GPP
PART 2: IMS ARCHITECTURE
- IMS components, S-CSCF, P-CSCF, I-CSCF, HSS, SLF
PART 3: THE IMS SIGNALING PLANE
- The IMS signaling plane explained, SIP, codec negotiation
PART 4: PROVISIONING
- Provisioning in the IMS architecture, provisioning in the EuroPacketCable 2.0 architecture, RSTF provisioning flow, MIB structure overview, RSTF provisioning (digit map,...)
PART 5: CALL FEATURES IN RESIDENTIAL SIP TELEPHONY
- Call feature operation, call feature provisioning
PART 6: SECURITY
- Authentication, privacy
PART 7: QOS
- QoS for EuroPacketCable 2.0
PART 8: IP INTERWORKING AND NAT/FIREWALL TRAVERSAL
- NAT and firewall traversal, STUN/TURN, IPv4 and IPv6 requirements and interworking.
Basic understanding of IP and cable networks.