Training program practical information
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
If you want to know why distributed architectures are a hot topic, what Remote PHY is all about, what the difference with a Remote CCAP architecture is... then this course is for you. We will give a great overview of the technologies and take a look at the specs, not the marketing.
What can you expect?
- Gain key insights in current and future remote cable architectures.
PART 1: HEADEND EVOLUTION
- Driving forces
- Evolution of CMTS and HFC architectures
PART 2: DISTRIBUTED CCAP ARCHITECTURES: AN OVERVIEW
- Remote PHY, Remote MAC + PHY, C-DOCSIS I, II, III, Split-MAC, …
PART 3: MHAv2 – REMOTE PHY
- MHA review and MHAv2 Architecture
- The control plane: GCP
- The data plane: R-DEPI and R-UEPI
- Timing and synchronization: R-DTI
- Provisioning and configuration of the Remote PHY Device
- RPD Software Upgrade
PART 4: REMOTE MACPHY
- R-MACPHY system examples
- Understand the architecture of an HFC network.
- Understand (Euro)DOCSIS technology.