Training program practical information
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
DOCSIS 3.1 is the latest version of the DOCSIS set of specifications, promising download speeds of up to 10 Gbps. It defines a totally new physical layer for achieving those speeds. However, to fully utilize its features, major HFC network upgrades are required and the operational side shows quite some differences. This DOCSIS 3.1 training is targeted for people who need a view on DOCSIS 3.1 from the operations point of view. The fundamentals of DOCSIS 3.1 are explained and enriched with 3.1 operational monitoring subjects. This training is especially suited for people having to look at the network performance and help to support technical challenges.
What can you expect?
- Achieve an understanding of the technological evolution and its advantages along with the basic new concepts introduced in DOCSIS 3.1.
- A look at the network performance expectations and how efficiency is increased
- Be able to understand operational monitoring of DOCSIS 3.1
- After attending this course the attendee will be capable of understanding the DOCSIS 3.1 concepts and perform operational monitoring of DOCSIS 3.1.
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Course outline
- Historical perspective
- Capacity potential
PART 2: EVOLVED TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- Understanding OFDM
- DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM numerology
- The benefits of LDPC error correction
PART 3: PROFILES
- Profile definition and concepts
- Profile consequences
PART 4: CABLE MODEM INITIALIZATION
- Ranging and registration, the O-INIT-RNG-REQ message
- New 3.1 Initialization Features
PART 5: DOWNSTREAM DATA TRANSMISSION
- PHY Link Channel (PLC) with OFDM Channel Descriptor (OCD) and Downstream Profile Descriptors (DPD)
- Downstream Spectrum Assignment
PART 6: UPSTREAM DATA TRANSMISSION
- OFDMA scheduler
PART 7: FEATURES AND OTHER CHANGES
- Timing revisited, DTP, Extended Timestamp
- Active Queue Management (AQM)
- Service flows and Hierarchical QoS (HQoS)
- Energy Management, DOCSIS Light Sleep (DLS)
PART 8: NEW OPERATIONAL CONCEPTS
- Expected timelines and scenario’s
- 3.1 Network Architecture Evolution
- OFDM Parameter Feedback
- Profile Management
- PNM Concepts
You have attended the (Euro)DOCSIS Technology & Protocol Level 1 training or the (Euro)DOCSIS Refresher course.