Hiring: Product Manager
About the job
Excentis delivers best-in-class testing and monitoring products and solutions for the telecommunication market, tests equipment, gives advice and trains engineers. We currently focus on access networks (mainly broadband access over the cable network) and home network technologies like Wi-Fi. Our clients are telecom providers and manufacturers of broadband network equipment, like Cisco, Nokia, Samsung, Telenet or Vodafone.
But above all, Excentis is a team of brilliant engineers, sales and marketing executives and office, HR and finance assistants!
We’re looking for a Product Manager
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager starting with our ByteBlower product and Wi-Fi testing service and who is passionate about building products that our customers love. You will join a dynamic environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
ByteBlower is our traffic generator/analyzer which allows our customers to verify to the performance, stability and QoS of a network, including wireless networks.
Testing Wi-Fi solutions accurately gauges, analyzes and troubleshoots the performance and stability of Wi-Fi solutions including Wi-Fi6/6E using real clients (Android, Windows, iOS, macOS, … ) powered by our years of built-in industry expertise and best practices and using our own solution ByteBlower.
Your main duties will be:
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Represent the company by visiting customers to capture their needs and to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Know and analyze the different actors (customers, competitors, …. ) in the market related to the services and products of Excentis
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Make product business plans including cost/resource estimation of different/new features taking into account different customer categories with similar drivers and use cases
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes in coordination with the engineering department
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding in- and outside Excentis and evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Drive product launches including working with marketing and sales.
- Monitor the quality and functionality of the products and services as intended
- Monitor new products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule and escalates if needed
- Investigate and implement tracking of product use and impact on end users
We are looking for w/m/x with talent and enthusiasm!
- Proven work experience in B2B product management or as an associate product manager
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to management
- Solid technical background in telecommunication and product development
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS degree in Computer Science, (Commercial) Engineering or equivalent preferred
What can we offer you?
You will join a dynamic & collaborative team of engineers and management in a company that has world-class customers like Cisco, Nokia, Vodafone, and Comcast. You will cooperate with technical leaders and management in the headquarters of these companies.
We also offer a lot of professional freedom and a flexible work environment in an astonishing office building of the 18th century in the center of the city of Gent.
The role fits into the growth strategy set forth by the management.
And finally, we offer you a competitive salary package with many extra benefits like CAO90 bonus, mobility budget and the traditional insurance and pension plans, and yes also free drinks, fruits, snacks, the occasional afterwork in the beautiful environment of the medieval city of Gent and great teambuilding activities.
Sounds like music in packets?
Send your resume with a motivation letter about the job to to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Excentis is an impressive team of expert engineers, testers, developers and trainers with decades of field experience, a passion for optimization and natural aversion to latency.