Gain insight into the DOCSIS® MAC layer.
The XRA-31 allows you to capture and analyze all packets transmitted between DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems and CMTS. By providing you the necessary metadata and decoding on the captured packets, you will be able to:
- Perform a much faster root cause analysis
- Verify the compliancy of your system to the standards quicker
- Debug networks in both lab and field environment
Live RF and capture stats
Since the XRA-31 demodulates all downstream and upstream packets real-time, you have immediate feedback on the quality of the capture. Furthermore the packets are immediately available for analysis, no secondary demodulation or parsing steps needed.
This real-time demodulation and filtering provides enormous benefits:
- Immediate availability of captured packets, no hours of postprocessing needed.
- No time wasted on failed postprocessing due to misconfigured systems.
- Capture minutes of traffic on fully loaded OFDM and OFDMA channels.
- Real-time filtering, lowering significantly the size of the captured file when one is only interested in a specific type of packet.
- Storage space is only used for demodulated packets, increasing significantly the amount of time that can be captured.
Packet captures instantly available in Wireshark format
Due to its unique real-time demodulation feature the packets and RF metadata are instantly available, meaning that no time is wasted anymore on hours of postprocessing.
Captures are saved in the open and industry standard pcap format. This means traces can be easily filtered, processed and analyzed in Wireshark.
Analysis can be done on any system, so the XRA-31 is freed for more debugging and troubleshooting work.
Since no special software is required for analysis, you can share traces with third party vendors or customers.
- Both DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 protocols
- All DOCSIS 3.1 signal configurations
- 2x OFDM up to 192 MHz
- 2x OFDMA up to 96 MHz
- all modulations up to 4096 QAM
- 85 MHz-1218 MHz DS and 5-204 MHz US
- Multiple profiles, mixed-modulation profiles, profile changes
- Filter capture on CM or message type
- Control through API
- Traces in standard Wireshark format