Software Quality Assurance Engineer!
Excentis is a telecommunications engineering company and testing lab looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer.
We are worldwide considered as experts in cable networks and Wi-Fi technology. We are proud to be the reference lab for certification of just about all the standards for cable networks. For many of these standards we’re the only ones in the world. Our clients are telecom providers and manufacturers of broadband network equipment: Intel, Cisco, Nokia, Samsung, Telenet or Vodafone. We test their equipment, advise them, train engineers and deliver best-in-class testing and monitoring solutions.
Our home base is beautiful Ghent, Belgium. Our company thrives on innovation and atmosphere, the vibe is energetic and inspiring!
Our work environment
We foster ownership and entre/intrapreneurial spirit in a setting that is truly innovative, positive and inspiring. We communicate in an open, direct and informal way. Teamwork is not an empty promise, we love challenging and helping each other (ask our colleagues).
We enjoy learning new things, this world is fast-pace, but we also take deep dives, to become experts in our fields. From our (seriously) beautiful Ghent office we support clients from all over the planet, reaching millions, billions of end customers.
- 80% of the job will focus on software-related testing, consisting of testplan development, engineering the test setup(s) and performing the failure analysis.
- The remaining 20% of the time will be spent defining, configuring and installing hardware systems.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and maintain the QA test plans
- Develop and maintain QA setups
- Develop automation and scripts for QA testing
- Maintain the QA equipment (devices, servers, …)
- Automate QA processes
We are looking for w/m/x with talent and enthusiasm!
The right technical chops:
- Script writing (any language)
- Ability to interpret and write source code (any language)
- Basic network knowledge
- Knowledge of Linux is a plus
- Management of infrastructure assets (networks, servers, operating systems)
- Familiarity with code coverage analytical tools
- Familiarity with monitoring tools
and important soft-skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Keen analytical mindset
- Ability to decompose complex processes into understandable components
- Proficiency in automating and optimizing processes
- Competent in team building and team communication
What we're offering
You will join a dynamic & collaborative team of engineers and management in a company that has world-class customers like Cisco, Nokia, Vodafone, and Comcast. You will cooperate with technical leaders and management in the headquarters of these companies.
We also offer a lot of professional freedom and a flexible work environment in an astonishing office building of the 18th century in the center of the city of Ghent.
The role fits into the growth strategy set forth by the management.
And finally, we offer you a competitive salary package with many extra benefits like CAO90 bonus, mobility budget and the traditional insurance and pension plans, and yes also free drinks, fruits, snacks, the occasional afterwork in the beautiful environment of the medieval city of Gent and great teambuilding activities.
Sound like music in packets?
Team building! Where do we take engineers? Exactly. A farm.
We work from a truly beautiful building in the heart of Ghent.
We’re proud to work for the best in the world
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Optimized parameters not only resulted in a boost in overall performance, PŸUR even scored a whopping 100% in Download and Upload Data Tests.
No new investment was needed to test Wi-Fi 6E, ByteBlower wireless endpoints are compatible with new devices out-of-the-box. Wi-Fi 7 will be no different!
The Excentis training course exceeded our high expectations. In depth yet accessible to a broad audience. Technical topics but never boring!
Thank you for your excellent work. We found the report very interesting and were happy to see the quality of choices quantified and objectively confirmed.
With support of the Excentis engineering team, we constructed an initial setup and successfully performed a first trial run in less than an hour!
With professional guidance and willing to adapt to our specific needs, we could test the device in a way that makes most sense to our customers. We highly recommend them for your business.