Training program practical information
May 25 - 28
4 half a days: May 25, 26, 27, 28 PM
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
Do not hesitate to contact us to align on your optimal trainingpath or if you want to organize a private session (live online or in your own offices).
The (Euro)DOCSIS technology is the leading technology for broadband IP access in cable networks. The (Euro)DOCSIS cable networks are also the basis for all next generation packet-based services like VoIP, video conferencing and other high-speed multimedia services. The Level 1 training comprehensively covers all aspects of the (Euro)DOCSIS technology up to DOCSIS 4.0. Hereby the fundamentals of the architecture, the cable modem’s provisioning process, security issues and their solutions, quality of service, management and much more are explained. This being an excellent starting point for people new to the real technical subjects and protocol level within (Euro)DOCSIS or for people who want to have a full overview of all DOCSIS aspects up to version 4.0.
What can you expect?
- Achieve a comprehensive understanding of the ideas behind the (Euro)DOCSIS specifications up to DOCSIS 4.0.
- Understand the most important key issues and advantages when using (Euro)DOCSIS in your cable network.
- Benefit from the hands-on experience of the Excentis’ EuroDOCSIS certification testing.
- After attending this course the attendee will be capable of understanding the (Euro)DOCSIS reference model and concepts.
PART 1: DOCSIS AND EURODOCSIS CERTIFICATION
- EuroDOCSIS Milestones · Certification process and history
PART 2: REFERENCE MODEL
- Reference Model · (M-)CMTS · CM and CPE · HFC Network · Downstream · Upstream · Packet Forwarding and Encapsulation · OSS and BPI(+) · Network Provisioning · Evolution (R-PHY, MHA,CCAP,…)
PART 3: RANGING AND REGISTRATION AND BEST-EFFORT PACKET FORWARDING
- Big Picture · Initial Problem · Ranging · Registration
PART 4: IP LAYOUT AND DOCSIS CM AND CPE PROVISIONING
- Routing or Bridging · Assigning IP addresses
PART 5: CONFIGURATION FILES
- Usage, format and types.
PART 6: QoS MECHANISMS
- Service Flows and Classifiers · Relation to VoIP · Overview of Service Flow Management · Example
PART 7: CHANNEL BONDING AND LOAD BALANCING
- Channel Bonding · Load Balancing
PART 8: CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING
- OSSI 3.0 Management Models and Protocols · CLI · IPDR/SP · SNMP · NETCONF · Notification and Event Handling · (Proactive) Network Monitoring
PART 9: SECURITY OVERVIEW
- Security Threats · Beating the threats
PART 10: MULTICAST FORWARDING CONCEPTS
- Introduction · DOCSIS 3.x Enhancements · MDF · Multicast QoS · Multicast Authorization · Multicast Encryption
PART 11: CHANNEL DEFINITION AND MODULATION
- SC-QAM Channels · OFDM · OFDMA
PART 12: RF ASPECTS
- (Euro) DOCSIS RF Frequencies · Extended frequency ranges US/DS · New D3.1 and D4.0 spectrum · General CM and CMTS Tx and Rx performance
Some Experience with RF and IP, Basic electronics knowledge.