Training program practical information
Jun 16 - 17
2 half a days: Jun 16 & 17 PM
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
DOCSIS 4.0 is the latest version of the DOCSIS set of specifications, promising download speeds of 10 Gbps while also reaching 6 Gbps upstream speeds. This to allow for multi-gigabit symmetric services such as video conferencing, remote work/learning, health care applications, IoT and virtual reality over HFC networks.
The goal of this course is to provide insight into how this new DOCSIS version allows to get those high symmetrical speeds and based on use cases found out what the possibilities are for your roadmap. Also changes in Quality of Service and security are discussed.
It is highly recommended that the attendee already has a good knowledge of DOCSIS 3.1 to fully benefit of attending this course.
What can you expect?
- Achieve an in-depth understanding of the technological evolution and its advantages along with the new concepts introduced in DOCSIS 4.0.
- An overview of the different options, characteristics and potential gains
- After attending this course the attendee will be capable of understanding the DOCSIS 4.0 concepts, terminology, configuration from CM and CMTS perspective
PART 1: INTRO
- The road towards DOCSIS 4.0
- D4.0 overview and terminology: ESD, FDX, FDD, …
PART 2: FULL DUPLEX OPERATION (FDX)
- Principles of FDX (echos, port-to-port isolation, impact of coax network design and elements)
- FDX-specific CM initialization (Resource Block Assignment)
- Interference group discovery (sounding, CWT-REQ/RSP, Downstream Protection DPR)
- CM echo cancellation (ECT-REQ/RSP)
- Dynamic Frequency Division Duplex Operation
- FDX sub-band changes
- FDX modem types (FDX, FDX-L)
PART 3: FREQUENCY DIVISION DUPLEX OPERATION (FDD)
- Principles of FDD
- FDD-specific CM initialization
PART 4: NETWORK USE CASES
PART 5: QoS
- Enhanced HQoS (EHQoS) - Centralized and distributed HQoS
- Minimum grant bandwidth, Absolute Queue-Depth Based Request, LLX
PART 6: SECURITY UPDATES
- Improved authentication framework (BPI+ v2: full algorithm agility, Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS), Mutual Message Authentication (MMA or MA), immutable root of trust, anti roll-back)
- CM SSH and CMTS security guidelines
This training focuses on the Engineering site within a cable network. You have attended the DOCSIS 3.1 training or the DOCSIS 3.1 Refresher course or have through experience a very good understanding of DOCSIS 3.1 technology.