Training program practical information
|Not scheduled or full - keep me informed|
To be decided
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
This course provides a thorough understanding of Wi-Fi networks and the issues that surround them. It explains current standards and technology aspects, as well as new market developments into the direction of community Wi-Fi services. Special attention is given to implementing Wi-Fi services over DOCSIS networks.
What can you expect?
- Understand the current Wi-Fi standards, their options, their performance and the limiting factors.
- Understand how clients connect to Wi-Fi networks and how to troubleshoot connections.
- Understand the implementation choices you need to make and the issues you will face when deploying a community Wi-Fi service.
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Course overview, introduction.
PART 2: THE WIRELESS ENVIRONMENT
- Wireless propagation, EIRP, spectrum usage, antennas, fading, Radar Avoidance.
PART 3: 802.11 TECHNOLOGY AND PROTOCOL
- Modulation techniques, MIMO, packet transmission, making a connection.
PART 4: 802.11 STANDARDS
- Standards overview, protection and backwards compatibility, QoS (WMM).
PART 5: SECURITY
- Authentication and encryption protocols in 802.11, WPS, MAC filtering, hidden SSID.
PART 6: FEATURES AND ENHANCEMENTS
- MIMO, spatial streams, beam forming, auto channel selection, multiple SSIDs, concurrency, WDS and repeaters.
PART 7: WI-FI SERVICES
- Hotspot 2.0, Community Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi public services over DOCSIS.
PART 8: WI-FI PROVISIONING
- Wi-Fi Provisioning Framework.
PART 9: WI-FI TROUBLESHOOTING AND TOOLS
- Tools, common issues, wireless sniffing.
Understanding of Ethernet.