Training program practical information
Nov 17 - 18
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
Wi-Fi has become almost as essential as food, water and shelter. Wi-Fi issues have become the demon for both customers and ISPs and among the biggest problems are common misunderstandings about Wi-Fi.
This course introduces Wi-Fi aspects on a high-level. It is ideally suited to introduce the basics of Wi-Fi to first and second line support engineers, knowledge base creators, forum moderators… who need to have an overview of the different features and characteristics without knowing the exact mechanisms. The course also provides the basics on how to plan, deploy and troubleshoot Wi-Fi networks.
What can you expect?
- Achieve a comprehensive understanding of how Wi-Fi equipment works.
- Learn how to successfully plan and deploy a residential Wi-Fi network.
- Learn the basics of Wi-Fi troubleshooting.
PART 1 : The Wi-Fi Physical Layer
- Channel Width
- Wi-Fi Channels
- Introduction to MIMO
- PHY Speed
- The Link Adaptation Algorithm
- Wi-Fi vs Ethernet
PART 2 : The Wi-Fi MAC Layer
- What is Medium Access and how is it done in Wi-Fi?
- The Beacon message
- Making a Connection with an AP
- Roaming between APs
PART 3 : Wi-Fi Network Planning
- Coverage Definition
- Network Components
- Transmit Power