Training program practical information
|Not scheduled or full - keep me informed|
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
HFC networks are able to provide multiple services over a single coaxial cable. This 1-day course provides a basic overview of the elements in an HFC (hybrid fiber coax) network and the services over an HFC network.
The target audience for this course are professionals from the different departments like marketing, finance, operations, project management, ... , who require a basic understanding of cable networks without too much technical details.
By attending this course they will have an insight of the technologies used in an HFC network. It will also give them an idea of the different possibilities and interactions between different services on an HFC-network.
What can you expect?
- Understand the basic operation of an HFC network.
- Insights in the world of IP and its future
- A view on where and how fiber optics are used in an operator network
- Get an idea on how wireless communication works
- Understand how internet services are provided over an HFC network.
- Understand how telephony services are provided over an HFC network.
- See how multimedia services can be provided
- Understand how television (analogue and digital) is delivered over an HFC network.
- Get a view on some more possible services
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Operator's Network, Access Network, Backbone, Services
PART 2: INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP)
- Introduction, Ip Network, IPV4, IPV6, IP QOS, Multicast, DNS, OTT, Net Neutrality
PART 3: OPTICAL NETWORKING
- Optical Network, WDM/CWDM/DWDM, Fibre in HFC Network and Backbone, SONET/SDH, Ethernet
PART 4: WIRELESS COMMUNICATION
- Spectrum, Wireless Link, Antennas, Duplexing Modes, Interference, LTE
PART 5: EURODOCSIS
- Goal, Components, EuroDOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1/4.0 (FDX) , DOCSIS vs. EuroDOCSIS
PART 6: VOIP
- POTS, VoIP, Interface with PSTN, Security, Lawful Intercept
PART 7: (EURO)PACKETCABLE MULTIMEDIA
- Goals, Architecture, Components, Examples
PART 8: DIGITAL CABLE TELEVISION
- TV Signal, Compression, Digital Transport, Conditional Access, Middleware, Services, Switched Broadcasting, TV over IP
PART 9: SERVICES
- Wi-Fi community, Cloud, FMC, Power-line communication
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
Target audience : everybody from the cable industry.