Training program practical information
|Not scheduled or full - keep me informed|
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
The EuroPacketCable technology provides a European cable operator with a system that enables packet-based telephony over IP.
The course introduces the attendee to all elements of the EuroPacketCable system for VoIP deployment; this goes from an overview of the different interfaces and components, the key issues concerning security and the MTA’s provisioning process, over call signaling and control, dynamic QoS and the back office, to the V5.2 gateway solution.
What can you expect?
- Understand the EuroPacketCable architecture.
- Gain an insight in the security, protocols and quality of service used in EuroPacketCable.
- Have a clear understanding of the different call flows.
- Benefit from the hands-on experience of the Excentis’ EuroPacketCable certification testing.
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Evolution in cable networks, goals of EuroPacketCable, specification overview.
PART 2: ARCHITECTURE
- From circuit switched to packet switched telephony, introducing the core components, completing the architecture.
PART 3: SECURITY ASPECTS
- Risks and attack mechanisms, concepts, encryption algorithms and protocols, authentication and lawful intercept.
PART 4: MTA’S PROVISIONING PROCESS
- Goals, overview and detailed provisioning flows (secure, basic and hybrid), configuration files and redundancy.
PART 5: SNMP AND MIB OBJECTS
- Protocol overview, EuroPacketCable MIBs.
PART 6: NCS PROTOCOL
- Goal, format, examples, piggybacking, retransmissions, race conditions, and detailed call flow.
PART 7: DYNAMIC QOS
- Qos in EuroDOCSIS, QoS framework, COPS, gate coordination and detailed call flow.
PART 8: CODECS AND MEDIA STREAMS
- Codec requirements, RTP and RTCP, DTMF and fax support, other features and mapping into service flow parameters.
PART 9: BACK OFFICE
- Record keeping server and events, audio server, example call flows.
PART 10: INTERFACING TO THE PSTN
- Introduction, signaling, media control, event messages and example call flow.
PART 11: LINE CONTROL SIGNALLING
- IPAT architecture, V5 interface and example call flows.
Some experience with RF and IP, basic electronics knowledge, basics of EuroDOCSIS.