Training program practical information
|Not scheduled or full - keep me informed|
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
The EuroDOCSIS 3.0 is the next version of the EuroDOCSIS set of specifications. This course discusses the features of 3.0 and their implications on the network. The goal is to provide insight into the EuroDOCSIS 3.0 mechanisms and how to monitor the 3.0 system. The relationship with and backwards compatibility to previous EuroDOCSIS versions will also be discussed. By attending this course engineers will understand how they can use the EuroDOCSIS 3.0 features.
What can you expect?
- Understand the new features that 3.0 brings
- Understand how to prepare your network for 3.0
PART 1: SPECIFICATIONS OVERVIEW
- Reference architecture, overview of EuroDOCSIS standards
PART 2: LEGACY EURODOCSIS REVIEW
- Ranging and registration, basic operation of the EuroDOCSIS MAC protocol
PART 3: THE EuroDOCSIS 3.0 PHY
- Downstream PHY-characteristics, upstream PHY-characteristics
PART 4: BUILDING A EURODOCSIS 3.0 TOPOLOGY
- Service Groups, Mac Domain, Mac Domain CM Service Groups, Mac Domain Descriptor, Bonding Groups
PART 5: RANGING AND REGISTRATION
- EuroDOCSIS 3.0 ranging and registration, configuration file
PART 6: SECURITY
- AES and MMH, Upstream Drop Classifiers, Certificate Revocation, Secure Provisioning (EAE, TFTP Proxy, SAV,E-MIC), Address Resolution considerations
PART 7: QOS
- Service Flows and Classifiers, CMIM, Downstream SID (DSID) and resequencing, DPV, Continuous Concatenation and Fragmentation, Upstream SID-clusters
PART 8: DYNAMIC OPERATIONS
- Load-Balancing, DBC
PART 9: MULTICAST
- Source-specific multicast, IGMP and MLD, multicast with QoS
PART 10: MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT
- Management Model, FCAPS, IPDR/SP, Fault Management, Configuration Management, Accounting Management, Performance Management, Security Management, CM-STATUS, CM-CTRL
PART 11: BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY
- Issues with a mixed EuroDOCSIS 2.0 and 3.0 environment.
Basic understanding of EuroDOCSIS technology.