Training program practical information
|Not scheduled or full - keep me informed|
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
Today, most operators deploy cable modems with embedded router and NAT functionality, a basic set of requirements for this type of devices is defined by eRouter. This course describes the different features that need to be supported by eRouter devices, this includes NAT, IPv6, DS-lite and others. Additionally provisioning aspects of eRouter devices are also discussed.
What can you expect?
- Get insight into the DOCSIS eRouter requirements.
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Specification overview (eRouter, RFC6204, RFC6204bis, HIPnet, CMrouter, eRouter, eDevice, eSAFE).
PART 2: THEORY OF OPERATION
- Protocol stack, operational modes, data forwarding in IPv4 (NAPT, ALG), data forwarding in IPv6, RA, SLAAC/DHCPv6/stateless DHCPv6, DNS RDNSS, prefix delegation and division, DS-lite, multicast, QoS and security.
PART 3: Provisioning and management
- Encapsulated configuration, TR-069 configuration, SNMP configuration, eRouter soft reset.
- MIBS and configurations objects.
Basic understanding of DOCSIS.