Training program practical information
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
L2VPN is an optional part of the DOCSIS set of specifications. It provides possibilities for operators to deliver new services to business customers. This course provides an insight into the operation and configuration of the L2VPN technology. It is perfectly suited for engineers and operational people who need to have a thorough understanding of the issues and possibilities offered by the L2VPN DOCSIS technology.
What can you expect?
- Understand the benefits and possibilities of the DOCSIS L2VPN technology.
- Understand the operation and configuration of L2VPN DOCSIS operation.
PART 1: COURSE OVERVIEW AND INTRODUCTION
- Operator network overview, DOCSIS reference model
PART 2: L2VPN TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
- VLAN (802.1q), stacked VLANs, MPLS, VPLS, L2TPv3
PART 3: BUSINESS SERVICES OVER DOCSIS: L2VPN
- Reference model, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, Isolation and privacy, multicast, QoS embedded host exclusion, config file overview
PART 4: CONFIGURATION FILE EXAMPLES
Basic understanding of DOCSIS.