Training program practical information
1 and 2
3 to 6
7 and up
The DOCSIS 3.1 Refresher course refreshes in a half a day the fundamental aspects of DOCSIS 3.1. This course is meant for people who can benefit from a quick refresher of the previous attended DOCSIS 3.1 training. Mainly prior to attending the DOCSIS 4.0 training it is worth considering this quick refresher of the DOCSIS 3.1 fundamentals needed to understand how DOCSIS 4.0 is using them. It is recommended that the attendee already has a good knowledge of DOCSIS to fully benefit of attending this course.
What can you expect?
- A good refreshment/recap of the DOCSIS 3.1 training
- After attending this course, the attendee will have refreshed its understanding of the DOCSIS 3.1 concepts, key issues and advantages and is well prepared to start the DOCSIS 4.0 training.
PART 1: TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
- Increased speeds · Understanding OFDM, subcarriers, pilots, cyclic prefix, windowing roll-off, equalization and numerology
PART 2: CABLE MODEM INITIALIZATION AND PROFILE MANAGEMENT
- Locking (PLC, OCD, DPD, NCP), Ranging and registration · Profile management (OPT, test SID, probing, CM-STATUS)
PART 3: FEATURES
- Advanced Queue Management (AQM) · Hierarchical QoS (HQoS) · PKI signing changes & software upgrade · DOCSIS Low Latency
PART 4: PREPARING FOR THE 3.1 & 4.0 TRANSITION
- Expected scenario's · Capacity calculation · HFC network readiness · Power levels and physical layer implications · PNM
Attended Technology & Protocol Level 1 training + DOCSIS 3.1
METHODOLOGY: Instructor-led course, slides and notes on a digital platform, interactive quizzes, support afterwards
COURSE DURATION: half a day training/dates mutually agreed
PUBLIC + IN-COMPANY COURSES: at Excentis or on-site in different languages (English, German, French or Dutch)